We're always looking for great volunteers to help us fulfill our mission!
Master's Level Interns
Through the years, Family Service of Racine has a developed a great reputation as a teaching clinic for Master's Level students pursuing a career in mental health counseling. These are just some of the great opportunities that our interns are presented with:
- Observe 5 skilled Psychotherapists as they provide counseling and psychotherapy to agency clients.
- Create and implement a curriculum for a 6 week group on a topic that is of need in a Racine Unified school
- Co-facilitate sessions with the Clinic Administrator
- Participate in Clinical Collaboration
- Potentially have an independent caseload, supervised by the Clinic Administrator
MargaretAnn's Program Volunteer Group Facilitators
Help children and adolescents grieve the death of someone important to them by becoming a volunteer in the MargaretAnn's Program. The first Thursday of each month from 5:30 - 8:00 pm, families from Racine and Kenosha will meet at Family Service of Racine to engage in peer based grief support groups to grieve the death of some-one important to the child or adolescent. Age ranges for the groups are: 3-5 year olds, 6-9 year olds, 10-12 year olds, 13-18 year olds, and
Volunteer Group Facilitators use structured activities to provide educational and emotional support and guidance to participants. Activities include art, writing, music and physical play. These activities allow children and adolescents develop healthy coping skills, nurture personal growth, develop confidence and skills and provide them with opportunities in order to experience future success, in spite of the loss of a loved one.
Volunteers must commit to one year of service as a Volunteer Group Facilitator. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, complete an application to volunteer, submit to a criminal background check and complete a volunteer training at the facility.
Family Service of Racine is always seeking individuals to serve on our Committees. Help steward the agency and the services it provides to the community.
- Assist with events that raise necessary funds for the agency through our Fundraising Committee.
- Share your financial knowledge or human resource experience by serving on our Operations Committee.
- Develop marketing strategies, assist in the development and evaluation of programming and help plan the agency fundraisers on our Strategy Committee.
For more information on volunteering, call 262-634-2391 or fill out the form below.
For more information on how you can be a part of your community, please fill out this form and one of our associates will get in touch with you soon!